Most days it is so easy to just let life happen. And so it goes, the days pass to weeks, weeks to months and then to years. Then you have a day when all the old aspirations and dreams you once had come flooding in. The ideas of who you were or at least what you wanted to be pinch at your ego like a bully. Not enough to hurt much. But enough to bruise. I can’t help but admire people who live everyday with the motivation not to just let life happen to them but to make life happen (and still get the family taken care of, laundry, and dishes done).
Maybe it’s the stillness that makes me want to stir things up. I am a hopeless dreamer and always have been. I can’t watch a ‘sponsor a child’ ad without wanting to pack up and fly to Africa and feed them myself, I can’t close a good book without wishing I had written such moving words, or see a beautiful painting and wish I had the patience and talent to bring crowds with just brush, paint, and canvas.
Patience, I know it my Achilles heal. I.e. kitting. My Mom is an amazing knitter and teacher. And I would happily learn to knit every piece of my wardrobe (with the exception of underwear, ouch). But as soon as I see the instruction set or my fingers begin to ache, it’s over. As with so many things, I might be interested but can’t stay motivated. So, maybe this is what we call ADD? Jewelry making, pottery, acting, writing a childrens book (done, with no publisher yet), kitting, painting are just a few of the things I’ve started with a big heart and open mind that shut down a little too soon. Laziness with a bit of circumstantial convenience?
I doubt that when you started reading this you thought it would end with me as an aspiring knitter! In classic Amy style, I start off BIG and end up small. But who’s not to say I’ll be kitting clothes for impoverished children in Alaska?
Just another day in Amy’s Attic. So, what sort have aspirations have you put on the back burner? For the sake of money, time, family? No matter how big or small, they deserves some attention! Feel free to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment